If oatmeal, raisins, walnuts and cinnamon isn’t enough
To make you really crave these awesome, yummy, little super energy bites, maybe the fact that they’re loaded with prebiotic resistant starch will!
OK, well maybe “prebiotic resistant starch” doesn’t sound like the most yummy food in the world, but
ultimately it has great benefits for your health
You see, certain foods contain a form of starch that doesn’t get broken down in the digestive system and makes it all the way into your large intestines. Once there, it feeds your gut microbiota with healthy, prebiotic, weight loss promoting resistant starch. Among other foods, like cold potatoes and pasta, uncooked oatmeal (the main ingredient in these balls), is one of them.
This is good for you, because these balls taste amazing
And it’s good news for your gut flora because it keeps those all important bacteria fed. Recent studies have shown that a healthy gut and digestive system could be the key factor in overall good health.
Plus these balls are chewy, sweet and go perfect with a nice hot cup of tea, after a workout, or as a healthy late afternoon, or late night snack!
Oatmeal, Raisin, Walnut Bliss Balls
These yummy, chewy little balls are loaded with healthy prebiotic resistant starch, which is excellent for your gut flora - A healthy digestive tract has been shown to be important for good overall health.
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup uncooked oats
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut optional for rolling balls
- 1/4 peice banana for extra moisture, if needed.
1. In a food processor, or large mixing bowl, add all of your ingredients together.
2. Using the chopping blade, or in your mixing bowl, blend your ingredients until mixture begins to clump together and you can roll it into small to medium sized balls.
3. I use my clean hands and roll the balls into equal sizes (usually around ten balls). Some people don't like raisins under their nails, ugh, and prefer surgical or food preparation gloves.
Note: If you use surgical gloves make sure there is no non-stick powder.
4. After rolling your balls, you can then dunk & roll them into a small bowl of shredded coconut, or skip if you like (it's purely optional), then place on a large plate and refrigerate for at least 1-2 hours before eating - Enjoy!
I would love to hear what you think?
Leave me a comment below. x